New online talent hub for telecom industry launched
Dubai, October 20, 2013
Telco Exec, an online hub for senior telecom industry professionals in the EMEA region, has launched a new personalised talent and career management service for eligible candidates and a cost effective recruitment process for employers.
The website offers advice for an estimated 100,000 mid-senior level executives in the region, delivered personally by industry experts and accessible directly by registered member candidates.
In the Middle East, where industry deregulation and liberalisation are combining with strong economic growth to create new regional players, more competition and new opportunities for the sector, the development of the talent pool and ability to attract global talent is key to supporting the successful development of the regional industry, said a statement.
According to founder and managing director Jason Bandy, the telco industry’s recruitment processes have failed to keep pace with the development of technology and have not adopted online tools to innovate and enhance the recruitment process and experience for those involved - or the recruitment process outcome.
The recruitment industry is perpetuating the problem which means ongoing high recruitment costs for employers and at the expense of a positive recruitment experience for candidates, he said.
“Few people in the telecommunications industry enjoy the current recruitment experience, as generic job boards and giant social media sites have focused too much effort on scale and automation,” said Bandy.
The site’s offering includes a range of services including a team of impartial advisors, executive and life coaches, third party recruiters, CV writers and journalists combine to make job search and career development easier for individual candidates and help ensure that the best talent is more likely to be identified, less time consuming and less costly to acquire for companies, said the statement.
It operates as a recruitment club, where candidates can search its job database and apply for positions worldwide, once approved. They can also receive personalised job alerts, consult with its independent support team and insight, advice and introductions to accelerate careers.
Telco Exec content fits into four categories: insight (tips by recruitment professionals); people (senior industry executives sharing career experiences); advice (career development advice); and companies (information from employer organisations). - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam