Thursday 23 October 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Tamkeen to focus on results-oriented approach

Manama, November 21, 2013

Bahrain’s labour fund Tamkeen has presented its Operational Plan detailing its existing projects and future plans, which focuses on a results-oriented approach, quality enhancement and customer focus.

It was presented to its stakeholders, which included partners, government representatives, business owners, entrepreneurs, legislators and the media, said a statement.

Chairman and acting chief executive Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa discussed Tamkeen's vision in the next stage and the aspects on which it will focus on to realise its objectives and play a more effective role in the country's reform efforts.

He also discussed Tamkeen's achievements so far and the general budget for projects in 2014.

Shaikh Mohammed said: “Tamkeen will continue to enhance its role and contributions towards the private sector and providing it with the services that it needs, and we will continue to focus on pooling our efforts to supervise applications and limit exploitation, which will be implemented through our operational plan, which is a dynamic document that can be adjusted to match the constantly changing needs of the market”

Budgets of Tamkeen projects for 2014 detailed at the event included BD98.3 million ($259.4 million), of which 62 per cent is allocated to projects, divided relatively equally between human capital development and private sector support.  About 20 per cent of the budget will cover operational expenses, while the remaining 18 per cent will go toward unemployment insurance which Tamkeen pays on behalf of companies.

The total income is estimated to be BD39.6 million, 55 per cent of which are from work permit issue and renewal fees, and the remaining 45 per cent from the monthly LMRA fees, which were changed this year to BD5 for the first five non-Bahraini employees.

Yousif Ali, senior manager - customer engagement support, detailed the various programmes included in the operational plan and the steps that will be taken to provide better services to customers.

Prior to the event, Tamkeen held several consultation workshops with the public at the beginning of October. The results of those consultations were incorporated into the operational plan that was presented. The workshops were attended by business owners, experts, and representative of the private sector, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service




Tags: operational | plan | Tamkeen | 2014 |

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads