British Council Bahrain hosts educator training
Manama, December 30, 2013
The British Council, the UK's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations, hosted a leadership training and development workshop as part of its ‘Connecting Classrooms’ project.
The three-day workshop was attended by 26 key educators from private and public schools in Bahrain and Egypt, said a statement.
Consultant Nick Falk of UK-based Imagine Education, highlighted new ways of maximising the impact of new technologies on teaching techniques and learning in schools, and also discussed leadership in schools and strategic planning.
The workshop shed light on ways of empowering educators and equipping school principals, vice principals and department heads with new resources for teaching and learning, said the statement.
It also emphasised the importance of incorporating an international dimension into the learning process, it said.
British Council project co-ordinator Suad Al-Arayed said: “In line with the British Council’s focus on school leadership and knowledge sharing to better the student experience in schools, we are delighted to have the expert consultants share their experiences and deliver the training here in Bahrain for both the local and Egyptian delegates.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games