Accenture announces key leadership appointments
Abu Dhabi, January 4, 2014
Accenture, a leading management consultant and outsourcing company, has made key appointments to its global leadership team, creating new roles in strategic areas of its business.
The appointments are related to the launch of Accenture Digital, which brings together the company’s industry-leading digital services into a new, integrated end-to-end digital capability; the launch of Accenture Strategy to help clients address issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations; and a new leadership role focused on enhancing the company’s position in growth markets including Asia Pacific, Africa and Latin America, said the company in a statement.
At the same time, Accenture has named a new leader for its Products operating group.
“Our clients operate in an increasingly complex and fast-paced marketplace, and we need to constantly evolve to ensure we are structured to deliver the innovative solutions they need to solve their business challenges,” said Pierre Nanterme, Accenture’s chairman and CEO.
“Today’s appointments reflect our commitment to aligning some of our most-seasoned and innovative leaders with the critical needs of our clients and with growth opportunities for Accenture,” he noted.
To support the company’s focus on building a strong leadership position in key geographic growth markets, Gianfranco Casati has been appointed to the newly-created position of group chief executive – Growth Markets.
In this new role, Casati will oversee Accenture's business in Asia Pacific, Africa and Latin America. He will work closely with the leaders of the company’s five operating groups to ensure that Accenture is well positioned for continued growth in each of these key markets.
Casati is a member of Accenture’s Global Management Committee and most recently served as group chief executive of the company’s Products operating group.
Michael Sutcliff has been named group chief executive of Accenture Digital, a new growth platform that integrates the company’s industry-leading digital capabilities across Accenture Interactive, analytics and mobility.
Accenture Digital will provide clients with a comprehensive portfolio of business and technology services – from developing digital strategies to implementing digital technologies and running digital processes on behalf of clients. This group includes 23,000 Accenture professionals who will help clients leverage the power of digital to drive growth and create new sources of value.
Sutcliff will join Accenture’s Global Management Committee. He most recently led Accenture’s Financial Services operating group in North America.
Mark Knickrehm has been appointed group chief executive of Accenture Strategy, a new growth platform dedicated to helping C-level executives shape and execute their business and technology transformation agendas, focusing on issues related to growth and innovation, industry convergence, geographic expansion, digital strategies, sustainable cost management and enterprise transformation.
Sander van ’t Noordende will succeed Casati as group chief executive of the Products operating group, which serves clients in the air, freight & travel services; automotive; consumer goods & services; industrial equipment; infrastructure & transportation services; life sciences; and retail sectors.
Van ’t Noordende is a member of Accenture’s Global Management Committee and most recently served as group chief executive of the Management Consulting growth platform. Earlier in his career he was group chief executive of the company’s Resources operating group, said the statement.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'