Silah Gulf honoured for Bahrainisation
Manama, January 13, 2014
Bahrain-headquartered Silah Gulf has been honoured by the Labour Ministry for achieving 100 per cent Bahrainisation at its National Call Centre.
Silah is a contact centre and business process outsourcing (BPO) company, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The 'Outstanding Organisation' award was given to the company at an event held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad.
Labour Minister and Supreme Council for Vocational Training president Jameel Humaidan presented the award to Silah chief executive Ricardo Langwieder-Goerner.
"The award is not only a recognition of our efforts but also a motivation for Silah to maintain 100 per cent Bahrainisation in the National Call Centre (80008001) and increase it in other departments as well, where we have already attained 74 per cent," Langwieder-Goerner said.
"It also encourages other companies to enter the competition in this field, thus reducing the rate of unemployment among local Bahraini workers."
The chief executive said that since the launch the company had focused on recruiting and utilising the existing skilful Bahraini human resource pool.
"Our efforts have been to develop and refine skills as well as provide specialised human resources for various regional organisations through Silah's 'Talents' programme.
"We take pride in the level of professionalism that is being developed at the National Contact Centre and remain committed to constantly raising our standards," said Langwieder-Goerner.
Silah Gulf was launched in 2010 in Bahrain and has since expanded to Kuwait and the UAE. The company is looking to start operations in Saudi Arabia and Qatar this year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam