Abu Dhabi education forum offers B2B platform
Abu Dhabi, January 29, 2014
A business-to-business platform for education leaders and academic professionals, suppliers, vendors, and solution providers is among the highlights of a regional education event that opened in Abu Dhabi today (January 29).
The inaugural edition of Education 2020 Conference & Exhibition, a holistic education showcase event catering to growing education and training sector needs in the Middle East, will run until January 31 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
The Education 2020 Conference will be held in conjunction to the exhibition and it will address regionally-based teachers and academic leaders on a diverse range of topics, including the Reformation of Education, the Development of 21st Century Skills for the Delivery of Education, Multimedia and Mobile Learning, the Effective Use of Technology in Classrooms, Content and Language Integrated Learning and other issues pertaining to today’s learning environment.
Supported by Tesol Arabia, the conference will provide hands-on experience to the teaching community to equip them with techniques to educate future generations.
Education 2020 will also host a dedicated section on ‘Industry-Ready Education’ under the banner Technical, Occupational and Further Education (TOFE) for students who are looking for affordable and certified study options. This segment will highlight the importance of occupational education in developing talent and enhancing expertise at the workplace.
Anselm Godinho, managing director at event organisers International Conferences and Exhibitions (IC&E), said: “The UAE is poised to develop a state-of-the-art educational infrastructure to professionally equip and groom its youth for the dynamic job market of the country.”
“The growing economic prosperity of the UAE along with the upcoming World Expo 2020 will create abundant job opportunities in the next decade. This will require a workforce that is appropriately qualified to take up the challenges of new jobs and vocations.
“Education 2020 and TOFE will showcase Education in the New Age and spotlight educational programs and courses for students as well as technology-driven means of delivering education for education providers, all in all promoting the dynamic education landscape of the UAE,” he added.
Education 2020 is expected to attract visitors from across the Middle East who will visit the show to examine products, discuss issues critical to education delivery and network with the region’s education fraternity. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools