School attacks cost Bahrain $6.8m
Manama, June 23, 2014
Attacks by thugs on schools has cost Bahrain more than BD2.6 million ($6.8 million).
The Education Ministry has reported so far 305 incidents across Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
An updated book documenting them since the February-March 2011 unrest has been issued as part of media efforts to highlight acts of sabotage and violence targeting educational institutions.
It analyses the detrimental impact of political and sectaria-motivated incitement and discourse on children and youngsters' psyche, highlighting the exploitation of students in the crisis which hit Bahrain in February-March 2011.
The book was distributed in three languages at a conference organised by the UN Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR) in Jordan, said public relations and media director Fawaz Al Sheroogui.
He denied allegations by the so-called The Bahrain Observatory for Human Rights Watch co-ordinator Abdulnabi Al Ekri that the book was not distributed at the conference. - TradeArabia News Service