23,000 delegates for World Dental Congress
Dubai, October 23, 2007
The General Assembly of World Dental Parliament convened its meeting at Shaikh Rashid Hall of the Dubai International Conference and Exhibition Centre yesterday (October 22).
The delegates are currently in Dubai for fdi Annual World Dental Congress and Exhibition 2007, also referred to as fdi Dubai 2007, to be held from tomorrow (October 24) to October 27. The General Assembly comprises delegates representing dental associations from fdi member countries.
In his welcome address, member of fdi Dubai 2007 Organising Committee Abdul Salam Al Madani thanked vice-president and prime minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum for patronising and supporting the Congress.
He said that 23,000 delegates, including 5,000 international dentists, have registered till date for fdi Dubai 2007.
Referring to the special relations between fdi and UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC), he said: 'This collaboration has resulted in the continuing education programme, which is supported by fdi across two spheres - through its speakers and accreditation to dental professionals. The education programme is held every year in Dubai.'- TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases