23,000 delegates for World Dental Congress
Dubai, October 23, 2007
The General Assembly of World Dental Parliament convened its meeting at Shaikh Rashid Hall of the Dubai International Conference and Exhibition Centre yesterday (October 22).
The delegates are currently in Dubai for fdi Annual World Dental Congress and Exhibition 2007, also referred to as fdi Dubai 2007, to be held from tomorrow (October 24) to October 27. The General Assembly comprises delegates representing dental associations from fdi member countries.
In his welcome address, member of fdi Dubai 2007 Organising Committee Abdul Salam Al Madani thanked vice-president and prime minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum for patronising and supporting the Congress.
He said that 23,000 delegates, including 5,000 international dentists, have registered till date for fdi Dubai 2007.
Referring to the special relations between fdi and UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC), he said: 'This collaboration has resulted in the continuing education programme, which is supported by fdi across two spheres - through its speakers and accreditation to dental professionals. The education programme is held every year in Dubai.'- TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Dubai Healthcare City inks deal with UAE universities
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman