Gulf Bank backs thalassemia kids arts festival
Kuwait City, November 15, 2007
Gulf Bank sponsored a special arts festival showcasing works from children suffering from Thalassemia.
It was part of the bank’s support to Kuwait Arts Association which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year.
The seven-day festival took place at the Kuwait Arts Association premises in Hawally.
General Manager for board affairs at Gulf Bank Fawzy Althunayan attended the festival along with a number of high profile delegates, embassy and corporate representatives.
Althunayan distributed certificates and gifts to a number of talented young artists in addition to honouring the Kuwait Arts Association for its support to children suffering from Thalassemia.
“Gulf Bank is proud to be supporting the Kuwait Arts Association in this festival and helping to raise awareness of the challenges faced by individuals suffering from this debilitating disease and at the same time celebrating the diverse and wonderful talent from these young people,” said Althunayan.
“This is part of the Bank’s ongoing commitment and support to helping the youth of Kuwait achieve their goals and ambitions,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases