Ranbaxy in Bahrain lab tieup
Manama, January 22, 2008
SRL Ranbaxy, one of India's top pathology laboratories, has joined hands with a Bahrain group to develop world-class diagnostic services in the kingdom.
SRL Ranbaxy, South Asia's largest pathology laboratory network which is certified by the College of American Pathologists, signed the agreement with Gulf Markets International (GMI).
In preparation to launching their services in Bahrain, SRL Ranbaxy organised a lecture here on the 'Role of referral lab in distant testing especially in the field of Hemato-oncology.'
The lecture was delivered by SRL Ranbaxy executive director Amar Dasgupta.
The agreement is aimed at providing world-class pathology services in Bahrain, said SRL Ranbaxy business development manager - Gulf and Middle East Mohammed Zafar.
GMI chief executive officer Arvind Roy said the move was in line with Bahrain's drive to become the hub of 'affordable healthcare to all in the entire Middle East.'
'By developing the lab business, we can deliver quality diagnosis in this part of the world,' he said.
'Samples will be collected from leading private hospitals and clinics and sent to the SRL Ranbaxy lab in Mumbai for carrying out some rare tests which are not available in Bahrain.
'We hope to sign agreements with the Health Ministry and the BDF Hospital for similar services in the near future.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases