Tips to help reduce stress
Manama, February 16, 2008
Tips on how to reduce stress were presented at the Rotary Club of Adliya's weekly meeting at the Diplomat Radisson SAS Hotel, Residence and Spa.
The talk on stress management was presented by Art of Living instructor Leena Kulkarni who has been a volunteer for the organisation for the last seven years.
During the talk, she taught members simple breathing techniques to help reduce stress and described the effect emotions have on the body.
The event was attended by club president Talal Al Mannai, members and guests, as well as sponsors and winners of the club's charity bowling tournament that ended last week.
The tournament at Funland Bowling Centre in Manama was held in support of an Information Technology education bus tour across the country.
The Social Development Ministry initiative aims to teach those who do not have access to a personal computer how to use the Internet.
Proceeds from the bowling tournament will go towards the purchase of computers and electronic equipment that will be used on the bus. The amount raised will be announced soon.
At the meeting, winners were presented prizes of BD600, BD300 and B200. Main sponsors First Leasing Bank and Utopia Properties and other sponsors Gulf Assist, Mannai Motors, Al Nooh and Al Ahlia Securities were also honoured at the event.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs