DuBiotech, Merck discuss tie-up
Dubai, April 28, 2008
A high profile delegation from E. Merck OHG recently discussed potential collaborative opportunities with Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech).
The delegation was hosted by Dr Abdulqader Alkhayat, executive director of DuBiotech.
E. Merck OHG represents the financial interests of the Merck family and is the general partner of Merck KGaA, with 74 per cent holding. Merck Serono is a division of Merck KGaA, the German pharmaceutical and chemical company with operations in 61 countries across the world.
In November 2007, Merck Serono announced the setting up of its Middle East’s new regional office at the Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park.
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme
- Bahrain to discuss SARS action with WHO
- Saudi Health sees big visitor turnout
- Etisalat to join GSMA diabetes drive
- Ultra-low salt intake may not boost health