Bahrain Financial Harbour signs fitness club deal
Manama, October 27, 2008
Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company (BFHHC) has signed an agreement with Fitness First to set up a health and fitness club.
UK-based Fitness First is the world's largest gym, health and fitness club chain, with more than 550 clubs and 1.5 million members spread across the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
The club will be set up on the 6th floor of the Harbour Mall at the Financial Centre.
"Fitness and exercise are critical for the health and well being of people of all ages, especially in today's competitive age when most of us lead stressful lives and tend to take our health for granted," said BFHHC marketing director Salwan Uchi.
"The agreement marks yet another step towards making the BFH community self contained, with a prudent mix of work and leisure spaces and we are confident that the club will operate as a convenient workout spot for those working in the BFH premises as well as the general public because of its prime location," Uchi said.
Fitness First was founded in the UK in 1992 and is the fastest growing fitness club chain today, with a presence in 18 countries. Current plans envisage rapid expansion in the Middle East.
"We are excited about the solid opportunities for our expansion in the Mena region and are targeting prominent hubs in key cities. BFH's world-class facilities are the perfect springboard for us to increase our presence in Bahrain," said Fitness First Middle East chief executive officer Gary Knill.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme