VLCC comes to Bahrain
Manama, November 25, 2008
VLCC, a leading scientific slimming, skin and hair care brand in UAE, Muscat and India, will debut in Bahrain on November 26.
The state of the art facility will be inaugurated by Dr Issam Fakhro, chairman of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI).
With over 150 centres and over a million customers, VLCC has achieved an iconic status, and is easily the biggest and the most recognised wellness brand to have emerged out of the Indian subcontinent, said a statement.
To tackle the growing epidemic of obesity, which is often labeled a silent killer, VLCC has revolutionised weight loss and weight management solutions through its highly effective scientific and safe, lifestyle modification based weight management solutions and the therapeutic approach of its beauty services.
Its unique holistic approach works without any appetite suppressants, medication, crash diets, food supplements or invasive surgeries.
“At VLCC every weight-loss plan is customised. Every client is given a tailor made realistic program which is mindful of cultural eating patterns and individual lifestyles. In addition, every weight-loss program is supplemented with essential body firming, toning and detoxifying therapies to help keep the skin firm and toned throughout the weight-loss process,” commented Sandeep Ahuja, CEO, VLCC International.
“Extensive research has shown that VLCC's programs have a higher success rate than average weight-loss management programs, and they are effective in providing solutions to obesity-related ailments and diseases in men and women of all ages, and we are delighted to be bringing this successful brand to benefit the people of Bahrain,” he added.
In 2006, VLCC opened its first centre in the Middle East, in Dubai and the VLCC Group - a $150 million company currently operates 8 wellness centres in the UAE and one in Muscat. The Group aims to operate 35 centres across the region by 2010.
By 2010 the company is also aiming to make its debut into the African continent in addition to the European market. $54 million has been earmarked to fund VLCC’s expansion in the region.
VLCC is the world's first slimming, fitness and beauty corporate to get the ISO 9001:2000, quality certification. It is also the first company of its kind in the world to get the SA: 8000 (Social Accountability) certification for implementing global corporate social responsibility standards.
The VLCC Group has also been awarded the ISO:14001 certification for meeting global environment safety norms, again a world's first for an organisation in its line of business.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief