UAE firms lead pharma expo
Dubai, February 21, 2009
Local companies are at the forefront of the list of exhibitors of the Duphat 2009 pharmaceutical exhibition, according to a statement.
Dubai International Pharmaceuticals & Technologies Conference & Exhibition (Duphat) 2009 will be held at the Dubai International Exhibition and Convention Centre from March 29 to 31.
“It is important for us to participate in Duphat 2009,” said Mohie Al Din Binhendi, president of Serum Indo Gulf, manufacturers of vaccines and anti-serum. “It is an opportunity for Serum Indo Gulf to be recognized and to reach globally through the UAE market. It is indeed a privilege for us to contribute and be part of an industry that caters million of people for a better health – better life.”
More than 100 exhibitors are participating in Duphat 2009 representing some of the best known names in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical equipment and machinery, pharma packaging and other related industries.
India, Austria, Russia, Germany, UK, Canada, Italy, China, Belgium, France and other Middle East countries will gather at the exhibition to foster mutual interaction and exchange expertise with professionals, students and academics of pharmaceutical science and industry and create a platform of B2B and B2C interactions in the pharmaceutical field.
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the world’s largest, with sales exceeding $300 billion annually and the industrial countries consume medicines worth $240 billion.
Through the years DuphatT helped pharmacists to improve their performance through a scientific program that features conference sessions, pharmacy workshops, managerial skills workshop, professional faculty posters with short oral presentations, student poster presentations and student short oral presentation competition.
A new feature of the scientific program is a parallel session on pharmacovigilance which consists of seven exclusive sessions and two workshops.
DuphatT is organized by Index Conferences and Exhibitions, a member of Index Holding in collaboration with the Dubai Health Authority. Various social activities planned for the participants include dhow cruise, desert safari and gala dinner. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services