Hospital plans breast cancer drive
Dubai, May 24, 2009
Dubai Hospital has planned an awareness drive to support breast cancer awareness month which is held annually around the world each October.
The new and aggressive approach in starting earlier has been taken to allow for more people to be involved in the related activities, from breast cancer screening to charity in support of patients.
“This year Dubai Hospital hopes to have a number of activities which involve a wide-ranging community, but with a particular focus on UAE nationals for whom breast cancer awareness month, and screening, has not always had particular importance,” said Dr Shaheenah Dawood, a senior oncologist at Dubai Hospital.
Dubai Hospital spokespeople have added that they expect to conduct a three-day, international caliber conference in late October which will draw expert cancer speakers from the prestigious, US-based MD Anderson Cancer Center.
In addition, Dubai Hospital plans to run a comprehensive healthcare worker breast cancer screening program.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs