Dubai doctor offers new 45-minute face-lift surgery
Dubai, September 16, 2009
A Dubai-based plastic surgeon is offering a revolutionary face-lift surgery which promises a youthful face to people aged 40 and above, without hospitalisation and a long recovery time.
The Silhouette Lift is a face-lift technique that is performed under local anaesthetic in less than 45 minutes and without any hospitalization, according to Dr Luiz Toledo.
It is performed via a small incision above the hairline and by threading the underlying tissue of the face and lifting it with the help of specially designed sutures. These new sutures offer significantly greater lift due to their unique absorbable cones which give strong traction when lifting soft tissue, he said.
The Silhouette Lift is efficient for the jowls, the nasogenien grove, the neck and the brows. The immediate recovery enables the patient to go back to normal activities within two days and after two weeks the face would recover its soft and natural aspect.
“The Silhouette sutures are the most innovative sutures to date. They are not barbed which avoids any tissue damage and thanks to small re-absorbable cones which anchor themselves in deep tissue, a tension is produced which lifts the sagging tissue. The fibrosis around the suture produces a much stronger suspension mechanism than the traditional methods I have used over the past six years,” said Dr Luiz Toledo.
The sutures are made from polypropylene, a biocompatible material with the human body which has been used for many years in cardiovascular and ophthalmic surgery. Furthermore, the Silhouette sutures have been approved by the US FDA and have received the CE mark. These approvals are unique in the market to date.
“This is a rejuvenating technique that can postpone the need for a facelift. I am sure it will become very popular for women, as well as for men. It is preformed under local anesthesia in less than an hour and there is a fast recovery with minimal swelling and only light bruising for the patients,” commented Dr Toledo.
Dr Toledo has been organising an annual aesthetic surgery congress in Belgrade for the past eight years.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Switch to energy-efficient lighting, UAE urged
- Neuroscience experts meet at Doha forum
- Unrest trauma on rise in Bahrain
- One more dead from SARS virus in Saudi
- Dubai Healthcare City inks deal with UAE universities
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles