DIP to launch $15m hi-tech medical facility
Dubai, October 13, 2009
Dubai Investments Park (DIP), the largest mixed-use development in the UAE and a subsidiary of Dubai Investments, will launch a Dh55 million ($14.97 million) state-of-the-art medical centre for residents and employees at the park.
The facility will comprise several medical clinics including general clinics, dental clinics, and ophthalmology clinics. It will also feature a 24-hour emergency service. The medical centre will have 4 floors in addition to two basement floors plus a rooftop gym, and will have a total built-up area of 20,853 sqm.
“With this new medical centre, residents and employees at the Park will have easy access to quality healthcare services including a 24-hour emergency service. The clinics at the center will be staffed with highly qualified physicians and medical professionals and equipped with the latest medical technologies,” stated Omar Al Mesmar, general manager of Dubai Investments Park.
Dubai-based Al Arif Contracting Company has been awarded the contract for construction of the medical center. The project is expected to be completed by end-2010.
Dubai Investments Park is the largest business and residential community in the Middle East, hosting more than 1,200 companies. The park is a self-sustaining city within a city, spread across an area of 32 million sqmconsisting of three zones – industrial, commercial, residential and educational.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs