Technogym launches ‘Internet treadmill’
Dubai, March 8, 2010
Technogym, a leading producer of fitness and wellness equipment, has launched a treadmill incorporating the technology of VISIOweb, the first integrated display to offer Internet, TV and iPod connections during workouts.
VISIOweb on Run Personal, the Technogym treadmill designed by Antonio Citterio, lets people dedicate more time to their health while twittering, contacting friends on Facebook and keeping up-to-date with all the latest news.
In addition to Internet, the 19-inch VISIOweb screen also includes numerous other exclusive functions featured for the first time ever on a treadmill machine, such as:
• an iPod/iPhone connection for enjoying iPod audio and video features directly on the screen
• a USB port for viewing/listening to multimedia plugs-in like films, mp3s, photos, videos, etc.
• an online Personal Trainer offering interactive exercise guidance
• games for training your mind while you train your body
• Plug&Train: the chance to save your favourite training exercises on a USB key and activate the machine automatically
• IPTV, the first interface that can receive a TV signal via the PC network
VISIOweb’s appealing design and “soft touch” materials, such as tempered glass and aluminium blend perfectly with the hi-tech, innovative design of Run Personal, the first ever treadmill to be designed by a major architect, a statement said.
The quality and functions are the result of the experience accumulated by Technogym over 25 years of training people from all over the world, including the athletes at the last four Olympic Games.
Run Personal is easy and interactive thanks to its integration with the Wellness System, the Technogym software, which enables users to activate equipment using a handy portable key that automatically uploads their own personal training programme, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service