French optics to go on show at Dubai event
Dubai, May 17, 2010
French exhibitors will demonstrate their know-how in optics at a major optical and ophthalmic conference and exhibition set to open tomorrow (May 18) in Dubai.
The 11th edition of Vision X, which will showcase eye wear, eye care, optical equipment, surgical instruments and accessories, will run until May 20 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
French spectacle makers currently attract a worldwide clientele thanks to the creativity they show in their frame production, a statement said.
Their designers explore all of the possibilities offered by materials – titanium, plastics, carbon fibre, gold, silver, tortoiseshell, wood, resin, paste inlays, studs – to change frames into a genuine fashion accessory.
Fashion designers, who affix their label on prestige frames, back their designs with technical research seeking increased comfort with flexible spectacles, elastic hinges, interchangeable frames, etc.
Self-composed modular spectacles using decorative clip-on branches that are easy to set and remove, 'impulse-buy' frames for those who favour the avant-garde, child and junior lines with exclusive designs and customisable frames that are gritty, lacquered, made of resin are some of the products that will be exhibited. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs