Fitness First teams up for Samsung marathon
Amman, September 25, 2010
Fitness First, a leading firm with over 550 clubs and 1.4 million members across the UK, Continental Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, has tied up with Samsung Amman International Marathon (AIM) as fitness partner.
The marathon, which will kick off on October 22, will have three levels; the 42.195km marathon, the 10km Fun Run and the 4km Kids Fun Run.
In Jordan, the Fitness First operates a platinum club in Abdoun, a plus club in Mecca Mall and this year, the company plans to open a third club in Shmeisani,, the company said in a statement.
Both Samsung AIM and Fitness First aim at promoting athleticism, a healthy life style for all members of society, and physical fitness, among other things, it stated.
Through this partnership, Fitness First is looking into encouraging the adaption of a much healthier life style for its members and at large, by extending its activities to interact with social activities which upgrade one’s health.
To assist participants even more, Fitness First started a Running Club for anyone who wishes to train for the Marathon or just enjoy a great workout under the guidance of an internationally certified fitness professional.
The running sessions are held on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday evening at Fitness First Platinum in Abdoun, it added.
According to AIM organisers, last year; around 12,000 runners representing 71 countries from all walks of life took part in the first Amman International Marathon.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’