B6 Group wins Dubai hospital catering contract
Dubai, October 31, 2010
Canadian Specialist Hospital in Dubai has appointed B6 Group to handle the catering services to its patients and staff as well as run the coffee shops at the two Dubai hospitals in Abu Hail and Oud Metha.
The move to appoint a specialised company to supply meals to the hospital is prompted by the well-known fact that one patient meal is equal to one and a half ordinary meals in terms of cost and quality, according to a spokesperson.
“One size fits all doesn’t work with hospital catering unlike tourism and events. Hospitals meals incur high costs compared with tourist’s meals because of more labor, professional nutritionist and customization involved,” said Omar R Al Falasi, chairman, B6 Group.
“Catering patients is not similar to catering for events or tourists. There are many restrictions and we need to employ experts with high nutrition and hygiene backgrounds. b6 Healthcare Services by B6 Group, was chosen because of its proven credentials in the field of supplying meals to hospitals,” added Dr Hayder Al Zubaidy, chief executive officer, Canadian Specialist Hospital in Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi
- Summit highlights women’s healthcare issues