Breast cancer awareness drive backed
Riyadh, November 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia's Zahra Breast Cancer Association has organised a national campaign to raise awareness about the disease in the kingdom.
The Saks Fifth Avenue store chain in the kingdom, in cooperation with Swarovski Middle East, donated 20,000 pink ribbons decorated with Swarovski Elements.
Half of these ribbons were distributed to the Saudi Airlines crew, and a large amount of them was donated to Zahra Breast Cancer Association, which will sell each ribbon for $10.
A number of ribbons were also distributed to schools, hospitals, and universities in order to create public awareness about the dangers of this disease.
The Saks Fifth Avenue Riyadh stores have been pioneers in launching awareness campaigns about breast cancer in the kingdom since 2002. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi