Amman power firm holds medical day
Amman, December 11, 2010
Jordan-based Central Electricity Generating Company (CEGCO) recently organised a free medical day for the residents of Hod Al-Diseh area in the Aqaba governorate.
Fifteen pharmaceutical companies and warehouses participated in the event by offering various specialised free treatments to around 500 patients.
“This event corresponds with CEGCO’s interest in activating its positive role in the local community, and specifically in relation to offering services to remote and underprivileged areas,” said Abdel Fattah Al-Nsour, CEO at CEGCO.
“We aim through the medical day, which the company organizes annually, to offer medical services to the inhabitants of these areas. We hope to have extended some assistance to people living in the Hod Al-Diseh area in Aqaba. We would also like express our gratitude to all pharmaceutical companies and warehouses for their invaluable participation during this day,” he added.
CEGCO received a letter of gratitude from the Hod Al-Diseh Villages Club, thanking the company on behalf of the area’s residents for providing them with medical services. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’