Medcare wins surgery award at Arab health
Dubai, January 29, 2011
Dubai-based Medcare Hospital, a leading multi specialty hospital, has won the recognition of Excellence in Surgery Services at the recently held annual Arab Health Achievement and Innovation Awards 2011.
The award was given after taking into considerations of Medcare’s services and facilities provided to the patient and the post operative care extended to them, a statement said.
“The quality of all nominations reflects the increasing importance of the awards programme to the development of high quality health services across the region,” said Brian Johnston, chief executive of the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards and a member of the panel of judges.
“Most notable has been the number of nominations that have focused on the benefits to patients, in terms of quality and safety, as the major outcome from the quality initiatives undertaken,” he added.
Padmashree Dr Azad Moopen, chairman, DM Healthcare and Medcare Hospital, said the achievement was definitely another stepping stone to a better and brighter healthcare in UAE and GCC and will raise the bar to deliver best possible care to the patients.
Ala Atari, chief executive officer of Medcare Hospital, commented that this achievement is dedicated to the hard work and commitment employed by the 500 strong member team and the credit goes to the personnel who have worked behind this achievement.
These awards and accolades will surely help to bring in further advancements to the quality of services and patient care being provided in the region, Atari added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products