GE Healthcare names new regional head
Dubai, January 30, 2011
GE Healthcare has appointed Karim Karti as president and CEO of its regional operations in the Middle East, Africa, Turkey, Central Asia, and Russia & CIS.
From his base at the regional operations headquarters in Istanbul, Karim Karti will play a leading role in strengthening GE Healthcare in these key emerging markets.
Karti joined GE in 1996 in the GE corporate audit staff. He joined GE Healthcare in 2000 in global business development and served in several general management, commercial, product development & services leadership roles in the US, Europe and Asia. Most recently he served as president and chief executive of GE Healthcare in Korea before moving into his current role. Before joining GE, Karim was a brand manager with Procter & Gamble.
Karti has an engineering degree from Ecole Centrale de Lyon in France and also graduated from the Entrepreneur program of Business School of Lyon.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Plastic recycling factory opens in Bahrain
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn