GE highlights new elastography technologies
Dubai, January 31, 2011
GE Healthcare, the healthcare arm of General Electric Company (GE), highlighted its advanced elastography and needle tracking capabilities at the recently concluded Arab Health 2011, a leading healthcare event in Dubai.
More than Logiq E9 general imaging ultrasound systems featuring the latest elastography and needle tracking capabilities have been shipped as an increasing number of healthcare organizations experience the impact of innovative, advanced, imaging technology, a statement said.
The aggressive adoption and consistent use of the Logiq E9, spanning a global customer base, is fueled by innovative benefits that provide clinicians with the ability to deliver quality patient care defined by extraordinary image quality and increasingly accurate, effective ultrasound procedures.
Logiq E9 differs further from traditional ultrasound systems by providing clinicians with the tools to help interpret internal tissue structures and aid challenging interventional procedures such as biopsies, ablations, drainage, fluid aspiration and general injections.
Launched in 2008, the Logiq E9 has continually added advanced capabilities to meet the needs of physicians tasked with delivering uncompromised, quality, patient care.
Ultrasound imaging acts as one of the pillars for disease diagnosis and determining treatment options—image quality and procedure accuracy are paramount and may lead to fewer invasive procedures.
“Healthcare organizations worldwide have embraced the Logiq E9 for its technology advancements that lead to improved accuracy and increased confidence—two attributes that help ensure every patient receives consistent, quality care,” said Anders Wold, vice president, GE Healthcare Ultrasound.
“Shipping 3000 units is a significant milestone and reinforces the fact that GE is meeting a global need for advanced ultrasound technology. In today’s healthcare, environment clinicians are tasked with doing more with less time without compromising quality care.”
“GE is committed to delivering ultrasound technology that provides extraordinary image quality, eases workflow and offers advanced technological tools that ensure accuracy,” he added.
The Logiq E9 is equipped with innovative technologies including its patented agile acoustic architecture, volume navigation, needle tracking, elastography and scan assistant capabilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Dubai Healthcare City inks deal with UAE universities
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman