GSK launches toothpaste campaign
Dubai, March 16, 2011
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has launched of a region-wide campaign to demonstrate the efficacy of its toothpaste that is formulated to offer sensitivity relief within 60 seconds to people suffering from sensitive teeth.
Titled Sensodyne Rapid Action ‘60 Second Challenge’, the campaign began recently at Deira City Center, followed by Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall and Mirdif City Center.
Tooth sensitivity sufferers visiting these malls will be invited to take up the Rapid Action ‘60 Second Challenge’ at the café-styled stands where ice cream and cold water – items known to cause most discomfort to people suffering from sensitive teeth - will be served.
Those taking up the challenge will apply Sensodyne Rapid Action to the sensitive area for 60 seconds, after which contestants will be able to have the ice cream or cold water without any pain of sensitivity.
Dentine hypersensitivity is a common problem affecting 1 out of 3 people, yet many do not actively address it, a statement said.
People develop sensitive teeth when the soft, inner core of the teeth, becomes exposed. This can happen due to factors such as abrasion from tooth-brushing, acid erosion which dissolves the enamel or tooth grinding that causes the enamel to be worn away leading to sensitivity, it added.
The Sensodyne Rapid Action ‘60 Second Challenge’ is an initiative that will also be launched across the Middle East, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs