Dubai ophthalmic event draws 3,800 experts
Dubai, April 20, 2011
More than 3,800 industry professionals from over 63 countries and 120 leading companies from five continents are expected to gather at an upcoming optical and ophthalmic event in Dubai.
Vision-X Dubai will run from May 24 to 26 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, while the sixth Vision-X Dubai Conference, co-organised by Dubai World Trade Centre and the Emirates Medical Association Ophthalmic Society (EMAOS), will be held on the first day of the event.
Seminars and workshops will highlight the region’s most important industry challenges and opportunities, while the conference will have focus on topics such as advances in cornea refractive surgery, a statement said.
Amico Corporation, leading suppliers in many fields of optical medicine, will also showcase new surgical and diagnostic equipment used in ophthalmology, and present an expert series of free-to-attend seminars taking place on May 25.
“Vision-X Dubai has an exceptional history of attracting the most illustrious companies from around the world to launch new products and introduce new best practices to advance the Middle East’s ophthalmic sector,” said Alex Heuff, industry group manager, Dubai World Trade Centre.
“As a platform for business growth, knowledge sharing and networking, the separate elements of the event ensure that the most contemporary issues, challenges and opportunities are addressed and continue to drive not only industry investment but ophthalmic technology.”
An exclusive area for eye care, ‘Vision Opticare’, will host 42 exhibitors dedicated to the fields of medical and technical equipment and machinery.
As Vision-X Dubai continues to expand its geographical reach, country pavilions at this year’s event will include a host of first time exhibitors from Germany and France.
Pavilions for Italy and Hong Kong have also been expanded to showcase the latest in luxury eyewear.
Colin D’Cruz, chief operating officer, Charmant Gulf, a major exhibitor at Vision-X, said: “The international attendance makes this an excellent prospect for eye-care professionals and those who work in related fields to either explore the region for the first time or look at expanding their business.”
Vision Lifestyle, will once more play host to over 100 exhibitors in the field of fashion eye wear, showcasing the latest contact lenses, frames, licensed brands, shop equipment and furniture and sunglasses.
The Fashion Catwalk, which takes place daily as part of the lifestyle programme, will feature the latest trends from the most popular brands. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain