DM Healthcare's Aster brand debuts in Sharjah
Dubai, May 16, 2011
The Aster brand of DM Healthcare, the leading healthcare conglomerate, made its debut in Sharjah, opening its first medical centre in the emirate.
The new Aster Medical Centre on King Faisal Street was officially inaugurated by the veteran Indian play back singer K. J Yesudas in the presence of Dr Azad Moopen, chairman of DM Healthcare, various dignitaries from the Government of Sharjah, Ministry of Health and senior representatives of the group.
“This is a landmark expansion for the group as well as for the Aster chain of medical centres – it is one of the many steps we are taking as part of our desire to be closer to the community,” said Dr Azad Moopen.
Along with the Aster Medical Centre in Sharjah, the group has also opened an Aster pharmacy.
The Aster Medical Centre, Sharjah will initially start with six departments headed by senior medical professionals offering services in general medicine, gynaecology, paediatrics, dentistry, pathology and radiology. The medical centre offers complete Laboratory and Radiology services and an attached Aster Pharmacy.
DM Healthcare has two brands under its portfolio – Aster and MedCare. The Group has its footprints across the Gulf countries through a chain of around 125 entities across the healthcare value chain comprising hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centres and pharmacies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries