Welch Allyn names EME head
New York, June 9, 2011
Welch Allyn, a leading global manufacturer of frontline medical products and solutions, has appointed Hisham Hout as senior vice president, Europe and Middle East (EME).
Hout brings with him 25 years of experience in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries and will lead all Welch Allyn EME business activities in support of company goals and objectives, including sales and margin growth. Hout will report directly to Steve Meyer, chief global business officer and executive vice president.
“The expertise and experiences Hisham brings with him from his past endeavors are invaluable to Welch Allyn,” said Meyer.
Hout most recently served as vice president, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Indian sub-continent at Hill-Rom, a leading manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and hospital beds. Before Hill-Rom, he held various positions at Rite Aid Corporation in West Virginia.
A resident of Beirut, Lebanon, Hout earned his bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from the University of Pittsburgh and a master’s degree in business administration from Almeda University. He is also board certified from the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs