MD Consult promotes Mideast journals
Jordan, August 23, 2011
Physicians of any specialty located in the Middle East will now be able to access Elsevier’s Middle East collection of journal titles through MD Consult.
“Adding the Middle East collection of journals to MD Consult promotes regional research and medicine,” said Haifa Mughrabi, director of Elsevier Middle East.
“This initiative also gives these titles further visibility and promotes easy access throughout the region,” she said.
Nine titles that have been added to MD Consult include Arab Journal of Gastroenterology, International Journal of Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of the Saudi Heart Association, Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology, The Saudi Dental Journal, Middle East Fertility Society Journal, Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Egyptian Journal of Anaesthesia and the Egyptian Journal of Medical Human Genetics.
Mughrabi said: “In addition to recent value added services to our MD Consult site license customers, such as access to First Consult via iPad apps, book chapter PDFs, relevant content linking, Google translate, Jablonski’s dictionary, clinics issue alerts and multimedia in books, this is yet another initiative that benefits our regional subscribers.”
The new Middle East titles will be added quarterly, she said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases