Think Pink donates self-test kits in Bahrain
Manama, September 27, 2011
Think Pink Bahrain has delivered 1,000 breast self-examination kits to medical institutes across Bahrain.
Salmaniya Medical Complex, American Mission Hospital, Well Women's Clinic, BDF Hospital and King Hamad University Hospital benefited.
The event was organised by Think Pink Bahrain founder Julie Sprakel as part of a campaign to raise awareness of breast cancer.
It also aims to publicly endorse breast self-examination to catch early signs of cancer, which is the leading cause of death in women aged more than 30 in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs