Health Ministry delegation visits Alba
Manama, November 17, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) shared its experience in occupational health and safety with a visiting 19-member delegation from the Ministry of Health’s family residency programme.
Alba’s head of protocol and corporate events, Jamal Al Areifi, received the delegation headed by the consultant family physician, Dr Samia Bahram.
The delegation was given an insight into Alba’s experience in minimising environmental hazards, in promoting a culture of safety across the organisation, and in placing a high premium on occupational health initiatives for the benefit of Alba’s employees, a statement from the company said.
Laurent Schmitt, CEO of Alba, said: “Alba is well recognised in the industry for its record in occupational health and safety, and has won numerous international awards for its initiatives. It was a privilege to share these experiences with the visiting delegation from the Ministry of Health, and to demonstrate some of the successful steps taken by Alba to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all employees.”
The delegation also visited the Alba Health Care Centre, widely regarded as one of the most advanced medical centres to be set up in an industrial plant in Bahrain, and was later given a tour around the different facilities in the plant, and briefed on the aluminium production process, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs