Bahrain medical documentary awarded
Manama, November 22, 2011
A film promoting a Bahrain medical centre put together by the bCentral agency on behalf of the German Orthopaedic Hospital, has scooped two international awards.
The film which documents one patient's treatment, from his arrival to discharge, landed the Platinum MarCom Award, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) in Arlington, Texas, US, and won Best Film in the medical category of the International Communications Media Competition (Intercom) awards in Chicago.
'This is fantastic news as we are the first Bahraini agency to win these awards from MarCom and Intercom,' said bCentral Bahrain managing director, Karolline Immanuel. 'We are a fairly new agency and this was our first corporate film and it has won international acclaim.'
'We especially flew in an extremely talented director for this project from Bollywood, Vikram Gupta, who has worked on feature films, international award-winning short films and corporate TVC's and AV's,' she added.
German Orthopaedic Hospital founder and medical surgeon head, Dr Heinz Roettinger said: 'We are proud of the media campaigns bCentral has created for us and these awards make us even more proud of our partnership with them.'
The MarCom Awards are open to any individual or company around the world and attracted over 6,000 entries from the US and Canada.
Intercom was founded in 1964 and is one of the longest-running international competitions of its kind. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief