Bahrain medical documentary awarded
Manama, November 22, 2011
A film promoting a Bahrain medical centre put together by the bCentral agency on behalf of the German Orthopaedic Hospital, has scooped two international awards.
The film which documents one patient's treatment, from his arrival to discharge, landed the Platinum MarCom Award, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) in Arlington, Texas, US, and won Best Film in the medical category of the International Communications Media Competition (Intercom) awards in Chicago.
'This is fantastic news as we are the first Bahraini agency to win these awards from MarCom and Intercom,' said bCentral Bahrain managing director, Karolline Immanuel. 'We are a fairly new agency and this was our first corporate film and it has won international acclaim.'
'We especially flew in an extremely talented director for this project from Bollywood, Vikram Gupta, who has worked on feature films, international award-winning short films and corporate TVC's and AV's,' she added.
German Orthopaedic Hospital founder and medical surgeon head, Dr Heinz Roettinger said: 'We are proud of the media campaigns bCentral has created for us and these awards make us even more proud of our partnership with them.'
The MarCom Awards are open to any individual or company around the world and attracted over 6,000 entries from the US and Canada.
Intercom was founded in 1964 and is one of the longest-running international competitions of its kind. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Qatar to set up $99bn health, education fund
- Call for major diabetes awareness drive
- WHO to help Saudi probe SARS virus before haj
- WHO warns countries not to hoard virus secrets
- Saudi confirms another death from new virus
- Men ‘at more risk from SARS-like virus’
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus