Bahrain clubs in cancer awareness drive
Manama, February 25, 2012
The Rotary Club of Manama and the Bahrain Cancer Society yesterday held a 'Stand Up To Cancer' walk at the Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Park, Hidd, to raise awareness about the disease.
The event, held under the patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president, was attended by hundreds of people from all walks of life.
The event's 'Fight Cancer' theme was chosen to highlight the importance of regular check-ups and detecting the disease in its early stages, since early detection saved lives, said organisers.
Participants walked and ran along the track at the park, to cover a distance of 3.5km.
Other highlights of the event were live DJ music, souvenirs, gift shops and raffles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs