RAK pharma group inks research deal
Ras Al Khaimah, February 26, 2012
Julphar (Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries) has signed a deal with American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) to promote areas of scientific research and support the growth of a highly skilled local workforce within the pharmaceutical sector.
Ras Al Khamah-based Julphar is a leader in the production and distribution of pharmaceutical products in over 50 countries.
Saud Mussbah Al Naimi, the director of Business Affairs in Julphar and Prof Hassan Hamdan Al Alkim, vice chancellor of AURAK, signed the agreement in the presence of large number of officials.
The duo said they are committed to the exchange of expertise and training. The alliance also involves five student scholarships and Dh100,000 ($27,224) in annual financial support for the facility’s biotechnology laboratory.
Speaking on the alliance, Al Naimi said it is part of the company's strategy to encourage UAE students to opt for technical and scientific studies in order to build skills in this area towards a better future for our society.
'The annual financial support will be invested in state of the art equipment for the biotechnology laboratory and scholarships will be awarded to students who show significant promise for the 2012 academic year,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Panasonic in top green brands ranking
- Women demand more info on advanced breast cancer
- Type 2 diabetics ‘may fast during Ramadan’
- Qatar plans $46m investment in top solar group
- Dabur launches new haircare solution
- Bahrain hospitals win Australian accreditation
- Dust haze in Bahrain ‘set to continue’
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- IHG marks environment day