Eco-friendly sanitation system launched in Qatar
Doha, April 16, 2012
Corodex Electromechanic Company and Roediger Vacuum GmbH have introduced the award-winning and environmentally friendly vacuum sanitation systems in Qatar.
The system aims to decrease the dependence on water by using air.
Christian Ruester, director, Vacuum Sanitation Systems, Roediger Vacuum, and Mohanned Awad, director, Concorde – Corodex Group, will deliver their presentations on the benefits of the system at Meed - Qatar Stadium Build Conference today and tomorrow (April 16 and 17). They will discuss indoor vacuum sewer systems and its ability to save water over conventional systems, said a statement.
Hoping to break into the Qatar market, Ruester and Awad will inform delegates that the innovative system uses air as a medium instead of water, and as such, requires only one litre of water per flush. Other advantages include an easy installation process. Several stadiums worldwide have already adopted this technology.
The system won the coveted, “Water Reuse Project of the Year” in the UAE at the MEED Quality Awards for Projects 2012, the only awards programme in the GCC to recognise completed quality projects.
Corodex and its partner Roediger Vacuum supplied the indoor vacuum sewage collection system to Al Ain Wildlife Park and Resort.
“We are proud on being recognised as the national winners in our category (Water Reuse) along with our partners Roediger Vacuum. However we are even more proud that the UAE and our client is willing to invest in such technology to address the water scarcity issues that exist in the region”, said Awad.
”The technology that was installed will provide the end user with water savings and a light carbon foot print during the operational lifetime of the equipment, while the contractor and architect have already enjoyed the advantages of the flexible arrangement for the piping network unlike the conventional technology,” said Marc Lyachenko, regional manager of Roediger Vacuum.
'Our partnership in the Middle East with Corodex has provided our common client base a trusted supplier for all the Vacuum Sewer and Sanitation Solutions,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference