Savoy Dubai wins 3 green tourism awards
Dubai, May 6, 2012
Three units of Savoy Dubai Hotel Group all members of the Dubai Quality Group, bagged three Dubai Green Tourism Awards 2011 presented by DTCM- Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
The awards were claimed by Savoy Park, Savoy Suites and Savoy Crest at the event held recently at the International Exhibition Centre.
Faroukh Sunny, general manager of the three Savoy Hotel Apartments took the stage along with Savoy’s Green Team members to receive the awards from DTCM’s officials.
Savoy Suites was adjudged the first winner and Savoy Crest was announced the third winner in the Deluxe Hotel Apartment category. The group scored a hat-trick when Savoy Park was declared the first winner under the Standard Hotel Apartment category.
“This has truly been a defining moment for us and we humbly dedicate the 3 awards to each and every staff of Savoy who consistently believed and were committed in transforming our green mission & vision into a reality,” said Faroukh Sunny, GM Savoy Dubai.
“We also thank all our guests, corporates & trade associates who supported Savoy’s Green Movement whole heartedly. We also extend our gratitude to the Government of Dubai for giving us these accolades once again after Savoy Crest won the first position in 2009 - Dubai Green Tourism Award.”
The second cycle of the Dubai Green Tourism Award attracted 104 participants generating about 1000 various environmental initiatives.
The judging panel selected a total of 19 winners overall in all categories of hotel property classification from two- to five-star and also between deluxe and standard hotel apartments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services