University Hospital Sharjah wins quality award
Dubai , May 9, 2012
HIMSS Analytics, a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), has announced that University Hospital Sharjah has achieved Stage 6 on its EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM).
University Hospital Sharjah is renowned for its high quality service with an excellent patient focused environment, said a statement.
HIMSS Analytics collects and analyzes healthcare data related to IT processes and environments, products, IS department composition and costs, IS department management metrics, healthcare trends and purchase-related decisions.
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a methodology for evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals in the HIMSS Analytics Database. Tracking their progress in completing eight stages (0-7), hospitals can review the implementation and utilization of information technology applications with the intent of reaching Stage 7, which represents an advanced electronic patient record environment.
University Hospital Sharjah has successfully met the criteria to be one of the elite hospitals in the world that have successfully deployed this level of healthcare information technology for the betterment of patient care quality and safety, it said.
The University Hospital Sharjah has deployed advanced safety features such as computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and on-line physician documentation; both supported by clinical decision support to offer best practice, evidence based clinical guidance to the physicians.
Nursing care is aided by on-line comprehensive nursing documentation supported by the safety of closed loop medication administration (CLMA) where each unit dose medication is verified by a bar code scan before delivery to the patient to ensure the ”five rights” of medication delivery are achieved.
“HIMSS Analytics congratulates University Hospital Sharjah for achieving Stage 6 and leading the way toward health IT adoption,” said John Hoyt, FACHE, FHIMSS, executive vice president, HIMSS.
The Stage 6 Award presentation will be held at HIMSS Middle East12 Conference & Leadership Summit on 20 May 2012 at Abu Dhabi Rocco Forte Hotel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference
- UAE reliance on green energy on the rise
- DB unit backs therapeutic riding programme