Dubai firm buys stake in Italian solar plants
Manama, June 27, 2012
Dubai-based Adenium Solar Energy Company has acquired a stake in a 29 megawatt (MW) portfolio of grid-connected operational solar plants across Italy with a total enterprise value of 125 million euros ($156 million).
Adenium, which was founded in Bahrain in 2010, has acquired the stake in a portfolio of operational solar plants across Italy whose assets will be jointly managed by Adenium and Foresight.
Foresight is an independent specialist environmental, infrastructure and private equity investor, which focuses primarily on investments in unquoted UK and European companies or projects and offers investors exclusive access to attractive income and growth opportunities.
'This asset-back investment is a yielding asset to our investors and we are very pleased to be working with an experienced partner, Foresight Group,' said Adenium managing director Dr Raed Sarhan, who was the chief investment officer of Seera Investment Bank in Bahrain before moving to Adenium at its launch.
'We have been mandated for another 10MW solar power plant in Jordan and we hope to close that transaction soon,' he added.
Through Dr Sarhan, Adenium has strong ties to Bahrain financial institutions.
The joint venture is anticipated to grow the portfolio in the next 12 months to a total of 100MW.
Despite the current challenges in Europe, the portfolio offers an attractive investment proposition backed by long-term yielding assets with limited downside risk.
'Following some extensive research and project screening of solar power projects, we are pleased to join forces with our partners at Foresight,' said Adenium chairman Safwan Kuzbari.
'This joint vehicle will allow Adenium and its investors to deploy capital in the European solar infrastructure space, offering an immediate return.
'We are delighted to be working closely with Adenium to build our portfolio of solar assets and look forward to a long and productive partnership for the benefit of our investors,' added Foresight chairman Bernard Fairman.
Adenium Energy Capital was launched as an investment company, specialising in the investment and deployment of clean energy and alternative energy related sectors.
This is its first major investment.
Foresight has in excess of GBP650m ($1 billion) assets under management across a number of funds. In the solar sector, Foresight's solar funds have already invested in the UK, Italy and Spain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership