Bahrain firm to launch new water technology
Manama, August 13, 2012
Contax Partners, a primary energy business advisory firm based in Bahrain, is set to introduce a game-changing water disinfection technology in the Middle East region through its subsidiary Aman Water.
Announcing the launch, Contax said the new CLO2Ix technology is an unique and US-patented process of water disinfection, allowing production of chloride dioxide in a safe, effective, non-hazardous and eco-friendly manner - without any by-product or residues.
It is currently the most advanced and most reliable chlorine dioxide generating technology in the world, said Aman Water, which has the exclusive rights to the novel technology in the Middle East.
'We are committed to actively identify new and innovative technologies worldwide and enable their successful launch in the region working closely with the patent rights owners as they grow into profitable ventures,' remarked Tony Mitchell, the general manager for Bahrain-based Aman Water.
'Chlorine Dioxide is a very effective oxidizer and biocide that can be used in almost any water disinfection applications – from the reservoir to the tap and for diverse purposes varying from recovering 'soured' oil wells to disinfecting poultry houses, he explained.
'Historically, it has been extremely difficult, if not impossible, to produce chlorine dioxide in a safe manner and in a pure form without unwanted by-products,' pointed out Mitchell.
However, the new ClO2iX technology offers an innovative solution to these problems through a catalytic CLO2 production system which safely dispenses the required amount of pure CLO2 solution free of by-products and without the need for storage, he noted.
Mitchell said the response for the concept has been overwhelming in the region with the company introducing it in few Bahrain and Saudi establishments in its initial phase.
'We have already installed ClO2IX systems in various institutions including King Hamad University Hospital (Bahrain) and Saudi's Al-Rai Foods amongst others. We now look forward to offer this unique solution all over the Middle East,' he added.
A business investments’ portfolio of Contax, Aman Water will be serving its customers across the GCC countries from its base in Bahrain, said Filippo Fantechi, the CEO of Contax Partners.
'We are dedicated to introducing those niche and innovative technologies that would help our clients save costs, time and effort. We will be strengthening this exciting venture with our local operational support and business development capabilities in the Middle East energy arena,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership