Cardiac congress in Dubai in Nov
, September 27, 2012
The Third Emirates Cardiac Society Congress will be hosted by the Emirates Cardiac Society in Dubai in November.
The event will be held from November 1 3 at the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
The Emirates Cardiac Society Congress will welcome cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, physicians interested in cardiology, nursing staff, cardiovascular technicians, medical trainees and students.
The scientific congress is supported by Dubai Health Authority, Government of Dubai and the Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences.
Dr Fahad Baslaib, president of the Emirates Cardiac Society and chairperson of this congress, said: "Although 80 per cent of cardiovascular diseases are preventable, CVDs are the leading cause of death worldwide. It is the leading cause of death in the UAE. One in every 4 deaths in the UAE is caused by CVD. These alarming figures are likely to increase due to the high prevalence of risk factors in our society, including diabetes, hypertension, smoking, and sedentary life-styles. We must act now and there is a need for governments, civil society and the private sector to work together to ensure advocacy and raise awareness levels."
Participants can pre-register or register onsite for this congress. The registration fee entitles participants to attend all the general sessions, exhibition, coffee breaks, lunches and congress materials, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'