Seef Mall plans 'Walk of Life'
Manama, October 11, 2012
Seef Mall will hold a ‘Walk for Life’ event to raise awareness about breast cancer in the mall on October 19.
The mall has joined forces with the Bahrain Cancer Society in organizing several events throughout October including the ‘Walk for Life’.
The first in a series of events in the month-long programme was the unveiling of a huge replica of the iconic pink ribbon which symbolises support for breast cancer in Seef Mall’s parking area.
The mall is also hosting a number of Bahrain Cancer Society stands throughout the mall during October which will be selling pink ribbons, with all proceeds being donated to the society.
The 3-km ‘Walk for Life’ event will kick off on October 19 at 5.30pm in the Chilis parking area, where participants will be able to enjoy an evening of fun and fitness while promoting early breast cancer detection and tests. A DJ will be playing music outside the West wing area of the mall to pump up the walkers.
Interested people can register for the walk by calling 17233080. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’