Seef Mall plans 'Walk of Life'
Manama, October 11, 2012
Seef Mall will hold a ‘Walk for Life’ event to raise awareness about breast cancer in the mall on October 19.
The mall has joined forces with the Bahrain Cancer Society in organizing several events throughout October including the ‘Walk for Life’.
The first in a series of events in the month-long programme was the unveiling of a huge replica of the iconic pink ribbon which symbolises support for breast cancer in Seef Mall’s parking area.
The mall is also hosting a number of Bahrain Cancer Society stands throughout the mall during October which will be selling pink ribbons, with all proceeds being donated to the society.
The 3-km ‘Walk for Life’ event will kick off on October 19 at 5.30pm in the Chilis parking area, where participants will be able to enjoy an evening of fun and fitness while promoting early breast cancer detection and tests. A DJ will be playing music outside the West wing area of the mall to pump up the walkers.
Interested people can register for the walk by calling 17233080. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- WHO warns countries not to hoard virus secrets
- Saudi confirms another death from new virus
- Men ‘at more risk from SARS-like virus’
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion