Alosra goes pink for breast cancer campaign
Manama, October 26, 2012
Alosra Supermarket, owned and operated by diversified retail and distribution group BMMI, has joined the Think Pink campaign in a bid to create awareness about breast cancer and fight the dreaded disease.
Alosra said its employees at the Amwaj and Saar outlets had been wearing pink shirts on all Mondays in October to commemorate Breast Cancer awareness month.
“The Alosra team decided to start this initiative as a mark of support for the fight against breast cancer,” remarked Pavlos Manousos Babiolakis, Alosra marketing executive.
“Our goal was to remind women to get regular checkups, and to raise awareness about breast cancer. By convincing enough people to take one small step, together we can reach an incredible goal in awareness building since early detection is the best prevention possible,” he noted.
“We are extremely proud to do our part to support the Think Pink campaign. This is a cause that hits some of our employees close to home, which is why the idea was met with much enthusiasm from the team," he stated.
"As the health and well-being of our employees, customers and community is at the core of our operations, we hope to make this an annual event at Alosra," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Dabur launches new haircare solution
- Bahrain hospitals win Australian accreditation
- Dust haze in Bahrain ‘set to continue’
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- IHG marks environment day
- SARS-like virus kills four more in Saudi
- Cinfa eyes growth into regional markets
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Bahrain to launch organ donation database