Essa Al Maidoor
Medical liability summit opens in Dubai
Dubai, November 28, 2012
A number of judges, members of the public prosecution, doctors and academicians from the legal and medical sector attended the opening ceremony of the second Arab Conference on Medical Liability today in Dubai.
The conference, which will run until November 30 at the Dubai Police Academy, was inaugurated by Essa Al Maidoor, director-general of the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), on behalf of Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, UAE Minister of Finance and president of DHA.
Al Maidoor highlighted during his opening speech the importance of convening this conference which will contribute to raising awareness about the importance of legal protection for medical errors and will highlight the latest information in the field.
He noted that advances in the legal system for dealing with medical errors ensures determining the responsibility of doctors for their mistakes and at the same time protecting patients’ rights which is of paramount importance.
Dr Ali Al Numairy, vice-chairman of the Arab Medical Union said emphasised on the importance of this conference which will discuss various aspects of medical liability including legislations for the same. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme