Bahrain rains to continue Monday
Manama, December 17, 2012
Bahrain experienced moderate to heavy showers yesterday with the Civil Aviation Affairs Meteorology Directorate officials predicting more rain today.
Weather officials said the showers, which started early in the afternoon, brought down temperature considerably, with minimum temperature touching 14 degrees Celsius, our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News, reported.
The showers, which continued till late into the night, were accompanied by strong winds that at times touched 13 knots. Rain disrupted several programmes connected with the National Day celebrations.
A programme organised by the Central Area Municipality in Isa Town, presenting the cultural diversity of Bahrain was cancelled due to the weather conditions.
A laser show and a fireworks display were held at the Prince Khalifa bin Salman Garden, Muharraq. They were shortened because of poor attendance owing to the rains. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases