Dr Adham Alameddin
Dubai centre launches flu vaccine drive
Dubai, December 19, 2012
Dubai’s Synergy Integrated Medical Centre has launched a major flu vaccination drive for holiday travellers.
To enjoy healthy, flu free travel, doctors at Synergy recommend getting a flu shot to avoid serious complications especially if one comes under high risk category individuals.
“As flu runs rampant through winter and is highly infectious, getting vaccinated is crucial for everyone and a must for certain high risk groups,” said Dr Adham Alameddin, medical director at Synergy Integrated Medical Centre.
“Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes.”
The change in climate, long periods sitting in busy airports, on aeroplanes and trains can put us at risk of contracting a nasty flu virus, he added.
The flu is a contagious respiratory disease caused by an influenza virus. Thousands of people around the globe die each year from the flu or its complications. Most of those who die are the elderly, young children, or people with compromised immune systems.
However, some people should not be vaccinated without first talking to their doctor, warned Dr Alameddin. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Dubai |
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs