Dr (Col) KM Harikrishnan
Nova Medical names new GM for Muscat ops
Muscat, December 26, 2012
Nova Medical Centre, a joint venture between the Omzest Group and Nova Specialty Surgery India, recently appointed Dr (Col) KM Harikrishnan as the general manager for its Muscat operations.
Dr (Col) Harikrishnan is a surgical gastroenterologist and an accredited practitioner and trainer for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures.
His appointment into the senior management of Nova is in line with Nova India’s initiative to establish Oman’s first surgical centre focused on ‘short-stay surgeries’.
Short-stay surgery requires using minimally invasive techniques to reduce hospitalisation and improve recovery time. Dr (Col) Harikrishnan’s is an authority in Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, which includes minimally invasive techniques to treat gallbladder disease, appendicitis, hernias, hemorrhoids, anal fissure and pilonidal cyst.
Dr (Col) Harikrishnan attained his graduate degree from Maulana Azad Medical College and obtained his Master of Surgery degree, from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), two of the most premier medical institutions in India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs