First 2013 UAE baby born at Burjeel
Abu Dhabi, January 1, 2013
Burjeel Hospital, a premier healthcare facility in Abu Dhabi, has delivered the UAE’s first baby for 2013, a beautiful girl named Jody Hussein, born to Syrian parents at 12.01am today.
The couple, who have been married for one-and-half-years, are thrilled that their first child is also the first New Year baby in the UAE, said a statement from Burjeel.
“We believe that 2013 will be a lucky year for us, and it has certainly started on the best note possible,” said the beaming father, Bashar Hussein.
“The medical and nursing staff at Burjeel Hospital have been fantastic, and we would like to thank them for safely delivering our precious gift. It is really special to have the first baby born in the UAE in 2013, and it will be a great schoolyard story for Jody in a few years’ time,” he stated.
Dr Fady Georges Hachem, consultant – Obstetrics and Gynecology from Burjeel Hospital said the facility was very pleased to bring happiness to the Hussein family on this momentous day.
“Having a baby at any time is a joyous occasion, but to have the first delivery for 2013 is something extra special, and we are proud that it happened here at Burjeel. We offer the Hussein family and their young daughter, Jody, our very best wishes for a long and prosperous life,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases